Search

Study Group or learn, learn and again learn

You would probably know that study process is one of key principles to be on the top of you profession. Moreover, this is motivation and inspiring stuff. Learn process should be ongoing both in life and at work.

When I took over Test Manager responsibility I saw that this process wasn't set up at all. So I strongly decided to set up this process.

What I did.

My Team and I had a set of discussions around study group. This idea is not new but nobody I know set it up in testing. Well, My team and I agreed to create Study Group.

Principles is following:
1. Study Session should be on weekly basis.
2. Study Session should have timebox. We defined it as 1 hour.
3. There should be trainer that prepare defined topic every time.
4. Half of session is theory and another is group practice.
5. Topics should be defined by Test Team by the end of each study session.
6. Materials should be gathered and uploaded to some server.

I would like to say that it's good practice and it works perfectly for whole team as team building aspect.

Posted in Labels: |

0 comments: